Saturday, April 09, 2011

What This Vegan Eats

Even without using a cookbook or trying to concoct anything elaborate, it's so easy to slap together simple, tasty and nourishing plant-based meals. Here are a few things things I prepared over the past few days using whatever I had on hand.

A "whatever's in the fridge stir-fry with celery, green beans, re-hydrated organic TVP chunks, udon noodles, corn and scallions, tossed together with tamari, ginger and some sesame oil.

Vegetable soup with diced tomatoes, spinach, onions, broken noodles, celery, kidney beans, fava beans, black-eyed peas, green beans, corn, carrots and peas. I seasoned it with sambar masala. I really have to take a crack at making actual sambar sometime soon.

Lima bean soup with frozen vegetables thrown in (I was lazy) and seasoned with rosemary, crushed garlic and dill weed.

2 comments:

Allysia said...

Mmm, soup and noodles. Those are typically what I turn to when I don't feel like following recipes, no matter how simple they are!

Alexandriaweb said...

This post is making me drool :)