Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sharon Astyk's Predictions for 2009

In 2007, Sharon Astyk figured that the economy would tank this year, as well as that the term "Peak Oil" would become commonly known and mainstream. She also asserted that Hillary Clinton would not be the next president of the United States. She was right. This year, what she foresees is bleak. It seems that the only light at the end of the tunnel involves our really making an effort to brace ourselves -- to learn skills, to prepare for shortages of supplies and services and for shortages of money in the face of rising unemployment.

Here's what she had to say about her predictions for 2008 (and how they turned out), as well as what she thinks we have in store for 2009. It isn't astrology, folks. And it doesn't have a happy Hollywood ending.

3 comments:

J said...

I have to admit, when I read her predictions, I got a little depressed. She has good logic, but it is a little scary. There is a lot of uncertainty that makes the situation even more bleak. I guess we'll see where this life takes us, I think that's all we can do.

M said...

Do you ever read Matt Savinar's site's Breaking News section?

J said...

No, is there a link to it on your blog? You know what, I can Google it, I'll have to check his page out.