Saturday, January 19, 2008

Recipe: Pumpkin Oatmeal Molasses Cookies

I've never been much of a baker of sweets. I have a pretty lengthy (and embarrassing!) history of lopsided muffins, wet cakes, flat things that should be fluffy -- you get the picture.

I stumbled up on a recipe online that was an adaptation of a
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie recipe from the Post Punk Kitchen.

My variations:
  • I used extra virgin olive oil instead of canola.
  • I used 1-1/3 cups of sugar instead of 1-2/3.
  • I added a tablespoon of powdered egg replacer instead of the ground flax seeds.
  • I used a 1/2 cup of chopped dates instead of the raisins.
  • I used blackstrap molasses instead of regular molasses.
The result? Delicious, dark little cookies that probably taste more of molasses than the original recipe, hence my referring to them as "Pumpkin Oatmeal Molasses Cookies". I'll be re-homing some of them tomorrow, the little darlings.

No comments: